Friday, May 24, 2013

Why Don't You Get Out Of The Car?!

I know this is some what petty. Shit let's face it, everything is petty if you look at it with that kind of perspective.  Yet, when I'm in a hurry all my patience promptly disappears without any adieu. This leaves me a slight bit unhinged when say, the following scenario happens. It's my lunch and I'm headed home to eat. I figure I will make a quick stop at the nearest fast food place and get some lunch. OK, since I have a finite amount of time a trip inside seems out of the question. Instead I opt for the drive thru, the line designed for the person on the go...the I can't stay here kind of guy. I pull up behind a white van and await my turn. My fingers get tapping on the steering wheel while a monotone voice drones on from the am station I am listening to. The white van pulls up.....I'm next, oh the anticipation starts. Sitting for a few moments I turn my radio down so I can hear what's happening. I start to get a little disgruntled at the amount of time that's going by. Oh, wait what's all this? Suddenly I realize that the person in front of me is ordering for their entire little world. Now I start wondering why the person taking the order doesn't just tell them to go inside to complete the order. At this moment my mind swings into self pity mode . Its like my mind takes me back to every single instance I have been in this situation. My self pity, quickly becomes a seeded resentment towards the person in front of me and the entire establishment.  Is it really to much to ask for a wee bit of common courtesy? You really won't have to walk far. Most of these places have great parking. The inside is even air conditioned. So come on.....get out of your car and go inside. The rest of us have places to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment